Opening and closing session
The opening and closing session of the congress will take place in the Aula of Ghent University, situated in the historic city centre (Volderstraat 9, 9000 Ghent, Belgium).
The main venue of the congress is het Pand, situated in the historic city centre (Onderbergen 1, 9000 Ghent, Belgium). The walk between the two venues is about 5 minutes.
Ghent offers a wide range of accommodation.
Below, you can find a list of hotels.
Near the historic city centre
- Backstay Hostel: form 19 EUR per night
- Hostel Uppelink: from 19 to 35 EUR per night
- 13 O’ Clock Hostel: from 29 to 47,5 EUR per night
- 47 Hostel: from 26,5 to 90 EUR per night
- Monastrium Poortackere: from 49 EUR per night
- NH Gent Belfort: from 100 EUR per night
- IBIS Centrum Sint Baafs Kathedraal: from 95 EUR per night
- Hotel Erasmus: from 79 EUR per night
- Parkhotel Gent: from 75 EUR per night
- Novotel Gent Centrum: from 121 EUR per night
- Hotel de Flandre: from 115 EUR per night
- Ghent River Hotel: from 132 EUR per night
- Ghent Marriott: from 162 EUR per night
Near the station Gent Sint-Pieters
List of hotels near the station Gent Sint-Pieters (20 min. to the city centre by public transport):
- NH Sint-Pieters: from 86 EUR per night
- Europahotel: from 80 EUR per night
- Best Western hotel Chamade: from 95 EUR per night
- Hotel Orion: from 89 EUR per night
- Holiday Inn Expo: from 85 EUR per night
Ghent has excellent rail links with Brussels South (international rail links) and Brussels Airport. There are direct links from Brussels South every 10 to 15 minutes with an average travel time of 30 minutes. Direct train links between Brussels Airport and Gent Sint Pieters are 30 minutes apart with a travel time of 1h to 1h20. The station at the airport is situated at level -1. You can purchase tickets in advance online (see links below). If you travel from the airport, do not forget to set Brussels Airport Zaventem as train station as you have to pay an additional fee travelling from the airport.
If you prefer to travel through Charleroi Airport, you could take one of the direct shuttle busses travelling between Ghent (station Gent-Sint-Pieters) and Charleroi Airport.
From the main station of Ghent (Gent Sint-Pieters), it only takes 20 minutes by tram (line 1, 21 or 22) to get to the city centre.
- Train: http://www.belgianrail.be/en/Default.aspx
- Brussels Airport: http://www.brusselsairport.be/en
- Charleroi Airport: http://www.charleroi-airport.com/en/en-brussels-south-charleroi-airport/index.html
- Shuttle bus to and from Charleroi Airport: https://www.flibco.com/en#/booking